Bacon, Brussels Sprout, and Corned Beef Pasta
- 14 ounce bag of Good Luck Pasta (or any 14-16 ounce bag of short pasta like penne, farfalle, etc)
- 6 slices of bacon (do not used pre-cooked – you need the fat to cook the sprouts)
- 12 ounces of Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces of corned beef, cubed (approx. one 1/2″ slice of corned beef from deli)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water before draining pasta!
- In a large sauce pan, cook bacon until crispy, approximately 5-6 minutes on med-high. Remove bacon from pan and place on a plate on a paper towel. Crumble bacon when cooled.
- Add sprouts to pan with bacon fat, add salt and pepper, and cook covered for 5 minutes. Do not stir!
- Add shallots, golden raisins, and corned beef. Cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add white wine and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add pasta, crumbled bacon, and reserved pasta water. Toss and serve!