- 14–16 oz. bag of American Pride Pasta (or any other short shape)
- 1 cup oil packed sun dried tomatoes, drained (I bought the Trader Joe’s brand!)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped (fresh is preferred, but if not available you can substitute 1 T. dried basil)
- 2 T. pine nuts, toasted
- 3 cloves garlic, halved
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Place garlic pieces in food processor and pulse until completely minced. Note most garlic will then be stuck on sides of bowl.
- Add sun dried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, basil, and pine nuts to food processor.
- With the food processor running, gradually add the olive oil until pesto is smooth.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain, but reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Combine pesto and reserved water in same pot. Add pasta and toss over low heat until pasta is coated. Add additional pesto as desired.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm!