- 14–16 oz. bag of Pasta (I used a short shape, Baseball Pasta, but you can substitute either short or long pasta like fettuccine)
- 1 cup salsa (use your favorite style; I used Pace Picante medium)
- 1/4 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 2 T. orange juice
- 2 T. honey
- 1 t. soy sauce
- 12 oz. boneless chicken (I used shredded Rotisserie chicken, but you can substitute pre-cooked chicken strips, or cut and cut chicken breasts and cut into strips)
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1/2 red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 yellow pepper , julienned
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- For the sauce, combine the salsa, peanut butter, orange juice, honey, and soy sauce, in a microwave safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In the meantime, in a large skillet, saute peppers in oil until tender crisp, approx. 2-3 minutes. Add chicken and warm.
- Drain pasta and save 1/4 cup cooking liquid. (may or may not need)
- Add pasta and sauce to chicken/pepper mixture and toss to combine. If sauce and mixture is too thick,add 1 T. of pasta water to skillet as needed and toss.
- Serve pasta on plates topped with chopped cilantro and peanuts!