Thanksgiving Turkey Leftover Soup
A healthy and light soup for your Thanksgiving leftovers!
- 7 oz. (1/2 bag) of Gobble Turkey Pasta –save the rest for another recipe! Or use any short shape of pasta!
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 t. basil
- 1 t. oregano
- 1 t. onion salt
- ½ t. garlic salt
- 1 t. thyme
- ½ t. pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 10 oz. pkg. frozen mixed veggies
- 4 cups cubed turkey leftovers
- 2 T. butter
- 1 T. cider vinegar
- In a large stockpot, combine broth, vinegar, onion, and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil and add veggies and undrained tomatoes. Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until veggies are tender crisp.
- Discard bay leaves. Stir in turkey.
- Return to boil, add pasta, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Top with grated Monterey jack cheese and fresh parsley!
- Serve immediately.
Leftovers may require additional broth! Pasta continues to absorb the liquid.