Zucchini Noodles with White Wine Sauce
Zucchini and Squash noodles are a delicious and colorful healthy dish! And they taste like real noodles!
- 3–4 large zucchini and/or squash, cut into 4–5 inch sections, spiralized
- 1/2 cup – 1 cup spiralized red onion
- 3 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halve lengthwise about half of them (use red and yellow if possible for maximum color!)
- 2 T. olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 T. butter
- 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat large saute pan to medium high heat. Add oil.
- Saute grape tomatoes and onion for 3-4 minutes, until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic and saute another minute. Add white wine and stir.
- Add zucchini and squash. Using tongs, toss and saute noodles for 2-3 minutes. You want your noodles to be al dente!
- Add butter, Parmesan, and parsley. Toss.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. You’ll notice that the zucchini and squash give off a lot of water. Drain excess water from pan.
- Top with additional Parmesan and parsley!
The quantities of zucchini, squash and tomatoes can vary! Use what you have and what you like!