Angel Hair Pasta with Garlic and Spinach
Garlic and spinach are the stars in this recipe…supported by anchovies that you won’t even know are in there! Delish and simple!
- 12–14 ounces of long pasta (I used our Tri-Color Angel Hair Pasta Nests, but you can sub any long shape)
- 2 T. olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves, minced (please use fresh, not jarred)
- 12 canned anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1/4 cup capers
- 3 bags ready to cook baby spinach leaves (approx 12 oz per bag)
- 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- Fresh chopped tomatoes or sliced tomatoes, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until golden brown.
- Add anchovies to pan, and using a wooden spoon, mash and stir them until they dissolve into the oil.
- Add capers and cook and additional minute.
- Add spinach leaves, adding one bag at a time, tossing continuously until it wilts. Add a splash of water or wine if needed. Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- In the meantime, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and add pasta to spinach mixture.
- Serve on plates topped with fresh Parmesan and chopped or sliced tomatoes!
This pasta would be great served with grilled or sauteed shrimp or other fish – like salmon or orange roughy.