- 8 wide lasagna noodles (no bake can work, just soak in hot water)
- 1 pound of diced butternut squash
- 3 cups fresh kale, blanched and chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, grated
- 1 T. + more olive oil
- 1/4 t. ground nutmeg
- 6–8 Sages leaves, for 1 t. chopped sage plus garnish
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss squash in a little bit of olive oil and roast for approx. 25-35 minutes until tender. Then reduce oven tempurature to 350 degrees for baking casserole later.
- Soak lasagna noodles in hot water for 10 minutes (if no cook noodles), and transfer to a lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- While squash is roasting, blanch kale in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain, cool, squeeze, and chop finely.
- In a small pan, add 1 T. olive oil and saute shallots under transparent, approx. 3-5 minues.
- In large bowl, combine squash, shallots, sage, nutmeg, and 2 T. milk. Mash with a fork until smooth and season with salt and pepper.
- Place approximately 3 tablespoons mixture across the middle of each lasagna noodle, and fold into a tube shape. Place seam side down in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, Parmesan, and Asiago cheeses. Add 1/4 cup milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread cheese mixture over the cannelloni noodles.
- Bake for approximatley 25 minutes or until heated through. For a browned top, broil for 2-3 additional minutes!
- Garnish with fresh sage leaves. Serve and enjoy!