- 14–16 oz. bag of Pasta (I used Bunny Hop, but any short or long shape can be substituted)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 t. dried oregano
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 2 lbs. bay scallops
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2/3 cup jarred basil pesto ( I used the Kirkland brand from Costco – it’s great)
- Chopped tomatoes for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain, but do not rinse.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and add garlic powder, oregano, and pepper.
- Add minced garlic, bay scallops and white wine and cook for 5-6 minutes until scallops are opaque (do not overcook!)
- Reduce heat to low and add jarred pesto. Stir and heat through.
- Add drained pasta to skillet and toss.
- Top with fresh chopped basil and/or chopped tomato.
- Serve and enjoy!