WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name, address and email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by signing up for recipes and newsletters or as a customer purchasing our product. As a fundraiser team leader, you may create a user dashboard, which would allow you to create a username and password. We will store the username and password, but your password will not be visible in our records.
- Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate, maintain and improve the Website;
- To create your account, identify you as a user of the Website, and customize the Website for your account;
- To send you information regarding the Pastabilities® of your pasta products, including recipes and promotions. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To process payment for purchases you make through the Website; or,
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics/SEMRush – these services track Website usage and provide us information regarding user actions on the Website. These companies may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured.
- PAYA– this service is used to process credit card payments. At no time is your banking information passed to the Website. We receive only information used for order fulfillment.
- Emma and Mailchimp – these services are used for delivery of email updates and promotions. We store your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you create a user profile on the Website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
On the Website, you may voluntarily subscribe to our newsletter or blog, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at email@example.com to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amend – You may contact us at email@example.com to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Last updated: June 2021